MCBRIDE'S MAYHEM




Monday, July 31, 2017

HEALTHY EATING

I used to love to cook, well at least I didn't mind doing it.  I loved to bake though.  I looked forward to when my kids got a little older, so we could make cookies together and do all those fun things at holidays that you see on television shows and movies.

Well the kids got older and had no desire to bake with me.  They saw it as just more work.  Huh!

Anyway, now they are into eating healthier to lose weight, and my daughter is working with a trainer and working out.  I joined a gym too because there is only so much workout equipment I can fit into my house.  I have the elliptical right in the middle of my bedroom. 
 
 Healthier means less or no red meat, and they don't like fish, so you're talking chicken, chicken, and more chicken.  I mentioned that I have to find a million ways to make chicken at work one day, and one of the lawyers suggested that should be the title for my next book.  😀


So me and my daughter started watching the Food Network and Beat Bobby Flay which are very entertaining.  I've gotten a couple of ideas, but my problem is I don't know what the stuff is that they use when they mention it, and I don't know what it does to enhance the cooking.  I've looked for some cooking classes around here.  Most of the cooking classes I find are to make a specific dish, but not just a general one to teach me about spices, and different flavors and how to get them.

I don't want to be a chef because my family would never eat those kind of foods, but I'd love to learn more about enhancing dishes and making them taste good.  Pinterest is a good source for different recipes so I've been definitely checking out different recipes that other people have posted.

Do you have any good recipes for chicken?


~~Sloan