MCBRIDE'S MAYHEM




Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Who Doesn't Love a Renaissance Faire?

Went to a Renaissance Faire.  Thank goodness it was in a wooded forest because that helped keep me from getting fried.  However, it did not stop the humidity from weighing heavy on my lungs....LOL   

There were interesting people there with plenty of period weaponry.




I even decided to try throwing metal stars at the target.  My Time Walkers use them in some of my books so I thought it would be interesting to see if I could be as effective as Dagan (The Fury) or Orion (The Treasure).

 Yep, that's the back of me.  I hit the wall several times, and the target once, but the stars never stuck.  I was surprised at how light the steel stars were in my hand.  I was happy that I actually was able to throw them the full distance.  (I'm very weak in the upper body department!)

There were belly dancers....

and a guy who twirled fire.....


 Even some elves showed up........


There were War Pony Rides....


and those horses were battle ready....

There were demonstrations on how to use the swords.  They actually put on a bit of a sword battle which was quite interesting.



  We walked through the Fairy Forest which was stunning.


 We got to see a real joust.  This is Duncan, our brave soldier who will battle the evil Roland, who cheats to win.





There were some who were really into their characters.



 Except for the humidity, it was a fun day.  They had bison burgers and turkey legs, and hot dogs.  Shops galore where you could buy period-style costumes, jewelry, elf ears, and much more.  Everyone had a good time.  I even got a Henna tattoo on my right forearm (like the Time Walkers) of a Celtic Trinity inside a circle.  The guy who did it added a little flare to the tat.

~~Sloan~~